Skip to main content

Final Reflection

Semester 2 Final Reflection

Some videos I made this year:

"This is Gospel" Music video:



           I made this project at the beginning of the semester. The goal was to recreate a famous music or create your own. My film group decided to recreate the music video for "this is gospel" by Panic at the Disco. We were given one month to finish the project. After a few minor throwbacks, we were given another week to finish completely.
          Some challenges I faced with this project include scheduling conflicts, people in my group not coming to school, and time management issues. It was difficult to get our group of 4 people together to film because we all had busy schedules. When we decided on days to film, someone became sick and had to be absent for many days. This made filming very difficult because we needed 4 people exactly. Sometimes we would have to call someone from a different group to come help us. Our team pushed the filming days so far back that we had very limited time to edit everything.
          I learned to stay on track in long term projects. It helped to make a plan week by week on what I needed to get done. In my projects after this, by scheduling everything in advance and not messing around, I got everything done on time.
         Some people said the shots in this project wee a little grainy. However, people also said the shot variety was very good and it stayed true to the original music video. I am very proud of this video because we spent a lot of time and effort on it. My group only had 4 people to complete a difficult project.

"Flashback" Short Film:



This short film was the last project we had in video production. the goal was to create a 3-5 minute video with a clear storyline and good cinematography. After the whole class wrote their own scripts, the top 5 scripts were voted on. That is how the 5 filming groups were made. I was put in the drama film group with the script "flashback". It was a script about a boy who killed his parents, his girlfriend found out, and he had to kill her. the project took about a month and a half.
The challenges in this project were very similar to my music video. Scheduling was even more difficult because it was the end of the school year and everyone working on the project was very busy. Also, at the very end, premiere pro crashed, and we had to restart the editing process. It was stressful but we got it done.
I once again learned about time management. We planned the project day by day and got people's schedules ahead of time. I learned about leadership and taking charge when I need to for the team so we can get things done on time. I learned how to edit better, too.
I am happy we finished the project. I do feel the story isn't very clear but we had a small amount  of tieme to do this, so I am happy we got a short film finished and together. Maybe next time we will use the preproduction storyboard more.

My Time in Class:

Most of my time in class was used collaborating with other people. I only worked in groups through the year so it was essential we communicated as much as possible. Some days I tried to work by myself more and edit videos or write scripts. In times I thought I was done I tried to do more for projects so I can create the best video I can make. In the future I will use these skills to enhance work projects when I finish early. Outside of school I will make my own films. 

My Strengths/Weaknesses:

I believe I work very well in groups. I am hardworking and have many skills in video production. i started making my own fils early in life so I have much more experience than other people. I will pick up slack in my group if other people are not working.
I would say my time management skills are not the best, but I believe I became a lot better as the year went on. I would be a good person to hire in the film industry.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

end of year reflection

  End of year project Overall thoughts       The project I spent the fourth quarter on was creating a fake product and company to sell in a “shark tank”. The project tested my abilities in video, animation, and graphic design as I had to use all three of these media’s to sell my product. This project took around 3 months to finish and present.        Over the three months, I faced challenges with collaborating with others efficiently, (as this was a 4 person group project) but I learned to appreciate how other people can add on to a simple idea. After some criticism from my teammates, I was able to made the best fitting commercial, logo, and package design for our product “chip”. No first draft was put in the end presentation as we made so many changes in the working time. I am impressed with my work and my teams work this last quarter.  Class time       During the time I was given to work during class I was able to complete most of the project. Putting in around

Tres Leches Recipe

Tres Leches Pastel       Tres Leches es un plato de Costa Rica. Yo elegé hacer este plato porque a mi me gusta pastel y las fotos de el pastel lucieron bien. Después   de yo leí la receta yo descubré es muy facil hacer. Tambien, a mi me gusta cocerme. Ahora, yo escribo las instrucciones para prepar la receta. Los ingredientes:       1: 1 cup harnia -Auto Mercado, $259        2: 1/4 teaspoon sal -Auto Mercado, $89       3: 5 huevos -Auto Mercado, $139       4: 1 cup azúcar -Auto Mercado, $199       5: 1 gallon leche -Auto Mercado, $299       6: 1 teaspoon vanilla -Auto Mercado, $559       7: 1/4 cup crema espesa -Auto Mercado, $359       Total en dolares: 19.03        Total en colónes: 1903.00                                                       Los instrucciones:       1: Primero, yo precalenté    el horno a 350.       2: Entonces, yo mezclé   la harina y el sal.       3: Después , yo agregé   los huevos,   la azúcar, el leche, y la vanilla.