Skip to main content

Music Video Project



Our group chose the song "this is gospel" to remake for a music video. We chose this song because we enjoyed the actual music video, and the theme of the song was interesting. The actual music video had many visual things to look at. The theme of the song was breaking free from things and moving forward. We wanted to use these themes to create new visual representaions to the music video.
To start the project, we memorized the choreography of all the extra hands in the video. We chose Logan to be the main star as he was most similar to Brendon, the original singer, and Logan was a good actor. The team eventually looked for the best location to shoot, which ended up being in auditorium where it is dark. We rented bright lights to make the effect of the surgery scene better. Filming was the longest process. We redid many shots to get the best outcome.
I would call myself the director of the video, as I went through the process of telling everyone on the team what they needed to do for each shot. I also helped the camera man get the best and most accurate shot each scene. I also wrote down the choreography and eventually typed it out.
Other software we used, including the bright lights as mentioned, were a DSLR camera, camera stabilizer, and premier pro to edit the video.
I used a lot of leadership in this project. It also required lots of communication and making sure everyone was on the same page before filing anything, so there will not be any unneeded errors. Management was important to keep the project moving and stay on schedule to finish by the due date.
If I were to do this video again I would choose a video that was more achievable so we could make a better project. Still, I am impressed with what my group created seeing how we only had 4 people and limited technology.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

end of year reflection

  End of year project Overall thoughts       The project I spent the fourth quarter on was creating a fake product and company to sell in a “shark tank”. The project tested my abilities in video, animation, and graphic design as I had to use all three of these media’s to sell my product. This project took around 3 months to finish and present.        Over the three months, I faced challenges with collaborating with others efficiently, (as this was a 4 person group project) but I learned to appreciate how other people can add on to a simple idea. After some criticism from my teammates, I was able to made the best fitting commercial, logo, and package design for our product “chip”. No first draft was put in the end presentation as we made so many changes in the working time. I am impressed with my work and my teams work this last quarter.  Class time       During the time I was given to work during class I was able to complete most of the project. Putting in around

Tres Leches Recipe

Tres Leches Pastel       Tres Leches es un plato de Costa Rica. Yo elegé hacer este plato porque a mi me gusta pastel y las fotos de el pastel lucieron bien. Después   de yo leí la receta yo descubré es muy facil hacer. Tambien, a mi me gusta cocerme. Ahora, yo escribo las instrucciones para prepar la receta. Los ingredientes:       1: 1 cup harnia -Auto Mercado, $259        2: 1/4 teaspoon sal -Auto Mercado, $89       3: 5 huevos -Auto Mercado, $139       4: 1 cup azúcar -Auto Mercado, $199       5: 1 gallon leche -Auto Mercado, $299       6: 1 teaspoon vanilla -Auto Mercado, $559       7: 1/4 cup crema espesa -Auto Mercado, $359       Total en dolares: 19.03        Total en colónes: 1903.00                                                       Los instrucciones:       1: Primero, yo precalenté    el horno a 350.       2: Entonces, yo mezclé   la harina y el sal.       3: Después , yo agregé   los huevos,   la azúcar, el leche, y la vanilla.

Final Reflection

Semester 2 Final Reflection Some videos I made this year: "This is Gospel" Music video:            I made this project at the beginning of the semester. The goal was to recreate a famous music or create your own. My film group decided to recreate the music video for "this is gospel" by Panic at the Disco. We were given one month to finish the project. After a few minor throwbacks, we were given another week to finish completely.           Some challenges I faced with this project include scheduling conflicts, people in my group not coming to school, and time management issues. It was difficult to get our group of 4 people together to film because we all had busy schedules. When we decided on days to film, someone became sick and had to be absent for many days. This made filming very difficult because we needed 4 people exactly. Sometimes we would have to call someone from a different group to come help us. Our team pushed the filming days so far back that