Skip to main content

end of year reflection

 




End of year project

Overall thoughts

      The project I spent the fourth quarter on was creating a fake product and company to sell in a “shark tank”. The project tested my abilities in video, animation, and graphic design as I had to use all three of these media’s to sell my product. This project took around 3 months to finish and present. 
      Over the three months, I faced challenges with collaborating with others efficiently, (as this was a 4 person group project) but I learned to appreciate how other people can add on to a simple idea. After some criticism from my teammates, I was able to made the best fitting commercial, logo, and package design for our product “chip”. No first draft was put in the end presentation as we made so many changes in the working time. I am impressed with my work and my teams work this last quarter. 

Class time

      During the time I was given to work during class I was able to complete most of the project. Putting in around an hour a day, some time during lunch, and some time at home, I felt that I worked at a good pace to finish on time and ready. I worked on the computer editing videos, creating an animation, and working with a logo to use. 
      In times that I found myself finishing early I looked back online and at my resources to see what I could improve. As my product was technology my team was inspired by the company apple. I would offen look to them to see how I could improve my work. (Package design and website apple inspired)   
In order to get the most efficient time in class, I did all work that did not need a computer to do outside of class. (Ex: writing scripts, looking through inspirations).

Areas of strength

Over the course of one year, I have learned basics on creating good end products in the media’s animation, video, and graphic design. I do believe that my skills have improved as I was able to use what I learned and add to that. 
I would say that in creating a product the only way you will be able to create something you like is with effort. A way I was always able to improve is put in more effort. This works in areas I need to improve also like time management. 

Summary

Excommunication has brought me lots of joy as it gave me a new way to meet people who have the same interests as me and I was able to learn about subjects that I think are fun and could help me with my future. I would not of done many things differently but I possibly could have took on more challenging parts of projects and worked outside of school on them. 
This quarter has taught me time management, working with a team, communication skills, and most of all to always put effort in what you do. Life is what you put into it. Next year I want to add more challenging things to my projects to exceed expectations. Overall I am very happy with this program and very excited for what the future holds. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tres Leches Recipe

Tres Leches Pastel       Tres Leches es un plato de Costa Rica. Yo elegé hacer este plato porque a mi me gusta pastel y las fotos de el pastel lucieron bien. Después   de yo leí la receta yo descubré es muy facil hacer. Tambien, a mi me gusta cocerme. Ahora, yo escribo las instrucciones para prepar la receta. Los ingredientes:       1: 1 cup harnia -Auto Mercado, $259        2: 1/4 teaspoon sal -Auto Mercado, $89       3: 5 huevos -Auto Mercado, $139       4: 1 cup azúcar -Auto Mercado, $199       5: 1 gallon leche -Auto Mercado, $299       6: 1 teaspoon vanilla -Auto Mercado, $559       7: 1/4 cup crema espesa -Auto Mercado, $359       Total en dolares: 19.03        Total en colónes: 1903.00                                                       Los instrucciones:       1: Primero, yo precalenté    el horno a 350.       2: Entonces, yo mezclé   la harina y el sal.       3: Después , yo agregé   los huevos,   la azúcar, el leche, y la vanilla.

Final Reflection

Semester 2 Final Reflection Some videos I made this year: "This is Gospel" Music video:            I made this project at the beginning of the semester. The goal was to recreate a famous music or create your own. My film group decided to recreate the music video for "this is gospel" by Panic at the Disco. We were given one month to finish the project. After a few minor throwbacks, we were given another week to finish completely.           Some challenges I faced with this project include scheduling conflicts, people in my group not coming to school, and time management issues. It was difficult to get our group of 4 people together to film because we all had busy schedules. When we decided on days to film, someone became sick and had to be absent for many days. This made filming very difficult because we needed 4 people exactly. Sometimes we would have to call someone from a different group to come help us. Our team pushed the filming days so far back that