Skip to main content

end of year reflection

 




End of year project

Overall thoughts

      The project I spent the fourth quarter on was creating a fake product and company to sell in a “shark tank”. The project tested my abilities in video, animation, and graphic design as I had to use all three of these media’s to sell my product. This project took around 3 months to finish and present. 
      Over the three months, I faced challenges with collaborating with others efficiently, (as this was a 4 person group project) but I learned to appreciate how other people can add on to a simple idea. After some criticism from my teammates, I was able to made the best fitting commercial, logo, and package design for our product “chip”. No first draft was put in the end presentation as we made so many changes in the working time. I am impressed with my work and my teams work this last quarter. 

Class time

      During the time I was given to work during class I was able to complete most of the project. Putting in around an hour a day, some time during lunch, and some time at home, I felt that I worked at a good pace to finish on time and ready. I worked on the computer editing videos, creating an animation, and working with a logo to use. 
      In times that I found myself finishing early I looked back online and at my resources to see what I could improve. As my product was technology my team was inspired by the company apple. I would offen look to them to see how I could improve my work. (Package design and website apple inspired)   
In order to get the most efficient time in class, I did all work that did not need a computer to do outside of class. (Ex: writing scripts, looking through inspirations).

Areas of strength

Over the course of one year, I have learned basics on creating good end products in the media’s animation, video, and graphic design. I do believe that my skills have improved as I was able to use what I learned and add to that. 
I would say that in creating a product the only way you will be able to create something you like is with effort. A way I was always able to improve is put in more effort. This works in areas I need to improve also like time management. 

Summary

Excommunication has brought me lots of joy as it gave me a new way to meet people who have the same interests as me and I was able to learn about subjects that I think are fun and could help me with my future. I would not of done many things differently but I possibly could have took on more challenging parts of projects and worked outside of school on them. 
This quarter has taught me time management, working with a team, communication skills, and most of all to always put effort in what you do. Life is what you put into it. Next year I want to add more challenging things to my projects to exceed expectations. Overall I am very happy with this program and very excited for what the future holds. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tres Leches Recipe

Tres Leches Pastel       Tres Leches es un plato de Costa Rica. Yo elegé hacer este plato porque a mi me gusta pastel y las fotos de el pastel lucieron bien. Después   de yo leí la receta yo descubré es muy facil hacer. Tambien, a mi me gusta cocerme. Ahora, yo escribo las instrucciones para prepar la receta. Los ingredientes:       1: 1 cup harnia -Auto Mercado, $259        2: 1/4 teaspoon sal -Auto Mercado, $89       3: 5 huevos -Auto Mercado, $139       4: 1 cup azúcar -Auto Mercado, $199       5: 1 gallon leche -Auto Mercado, $299       6: 1 teaspoon vanilla -Auto Mercado, $559       7: 1/4 cup crema espesa -Auto Mercado, $359       Total en dolares: 19.03        Total en colónes: 1903.00                       ...

Interview Project

    The story my group wanted to convey in this assignment was Alex Paulis point of view on school soccer. In my video, I personally made a story of how Alex started playing soccer and where he is now. I then talked about the future of soccer for not only Alex, but the whole team.     In pre-production, my group wrote a list of 20 questions to ask Alex. This was harder than thought to be. We then set up a date to meet with Alex and interviewed him, asking all of the questions, knowing some of his answers would be longer than others. When all the film of Alex was taken, we turned to footage of the soccer team playing for b-roll. After I had all the film, I had to write a voice over leading into all of Alex's answers to the questions we asked him. I wrote the opening to the interview and an end, so there would be a clear beginning, middle, and end. After that it was just editing, making sure I got a variety of shots in my interview.     My role in this p...

Semester reflection

Starting the year This year started with my self portrait video. I put a lot of effort into this video and I feel it came out as good as I wanted it to be. This was a good start to the year for me and the videos that followed only paralleled this. Working in groups has helped with my other projects also, getting multiple point of views. Progression of the year I feel I have improved throughout the year with editing and filming. I have learned a surplus things to think about when taking shots for a video. I learned to think about the 6 shot system to create variety in my work. I was able to practice my editing skills with every video I made. End of the year By the end of the year, I feel that I have learned valuable tips on how to create news stories and put together interviews. Not only have I gotten better at creating stories, but I have improved in question making, filming, and editing everything together to create an interesting an informative video. With that, I have al...