Skip to main content

Music Video Project



Our group chose the song "this is gospel" to remake for a music video. We chose this song because we enjoyed the actual music video, and the theme of the song was interesting. The actual music video had many visual things to look at. The theme of the song was breaking free from things and moving forward. We wanted to use these themes to create new visual representaions to the music video.
To start the project, we memorized the choreography of all the extra hands in the video. We chose Logan to be the main star as he was most similar to Brendon, the original singer, and Logan was a good actor. The team eventually looked for the best location to shoot, which ended up being in auditorium where it is dark. We rented bright lights to make the effect of the surgery scene better. Filming was the longest process. We redid many shots to get the best outcome.
I would call myself the director of the video, as I went through the process of telling everyone on the team what they needed to do for each shot. I also helped the camera man get the best and most accurate shot each scene. I also wrote down the choreography and eventually typed it out.
Other software we used, including the bright lights as mentioned, were a DSLR camera, camera stabilizer, and premier pro to edit the video.
I used a lot of leadership in this project. It also required lots of communication and making sure everyone was on the same page before filing anything, so there will not be any unneeded errors. Management was important to keep the project moving and stay on schedule to finish by the due date.
If I were to do this video again I would choose a video that was more achievable so we could make a better project. Still, I am impressed with what my group created seeing how we only had 4 people and limited technology.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tres Leches Recipe

Tres Leches Pastel       Tres Leches es un plato de Costa Rica. Yo elegé hacer este plato porque a mi me gusta pastel y las fotos de el pastel lucieron bien. Después   de yo leí la receta yo descubré es muy facil hacer. Tambien, a mi me gusta cocerme. Ahora, yo escribo las instrucciones para prepar la receta. Los ingredientes:       1: 1 cup harnia -Auto Mercado, $259        2: 1/4 teaspoon sal -Auto Mercado, $89       3: 5 huevos -Auto Mercado, $139       4: 1 cup azúcar -Auto Mercado, $199       5: 1 gallon leche -Auto Mercado, $299       6: 1 teaspoon vanilla -Auto Mercado, $559       7: 1/4 cup crema espesa -Auto Mercado, $359       Total en dolares: 19.03        Total en colónes: 1903.00                       ...

Semester reflection

Starting the year This year started with my self portrait video. I put a lot of effort into this video and I feel it came out as good as I wanted it to be. This was a good start to the year for me and the videos that followed only paralleled this. Working in groups has helped with my other projects also, getting multiple point of views. Progression of the year I feel I have improved throughout the year with editing and filming. I have learned a surplus things to think about when taking shots for a video. I learned to think about the 6 shot system to create variety in my work. I was able to practice my editing skills with every video I made. End of the year By the end of the year, I feel that I have learned valuable tips on how to create news stories and put together interviews. Not only have I gotten better at creating stories, but I have improved in question making, filming, and editing everything together to create an interesting an informative video. With that, I have al...

Interview Project

    The story my group wanted to convey in this assignment was Alex Paulis point of view on school soccer. In my video, I personally made a story of how Alex started playing soccer and where he is now. I then talked about the future of soccer for not only Alex, but the whole team.     In pre-production, my group wrote a list of 20 questions to ask Alex. This was harder than thought to be. We then set up a date to meet with Alex and interviewed him, asking all of the questions, knowing some of his answers would be longer than others. When all the film of Alex was taken, we turned to footage of the soccer team playing for b-roll. After I had all the film, I had to write a voice over leading into all of Alex's answers to the questions we asked him. I wrote the opening to the interview and an end, so there would be a clear beginning, middle, and end. After that it was just editing, making sure I got a variety of shots in my interview.     My role in this p...