Skip to main content

Interview Project

    The story my group wanted to convey in this assignment was Alex Paulis point of view on school soccer. In my video, I personally made a story of how Alex started playing soccer and where he is now. I then talked about the future of soccer for not only Alex, but the whole team.

    In pre-production, my group wrote a list of 20 questions to ask Alex. This was harder than thought to be. We then set up a date to meet with Alex and interviewed him, asking all of the questions, knowing some of his answers would be longer than others. When all the film of Alex was taken, we turned to footage of the soccer team playing for b-roll. After I had all the film, I had to write a voice over leading into all of Alex's answers to the questions we asked him. I wrote the opening to the interview and an end, so there would be a clear beginning, middle, and end. After that it was just editing, making sure I got a variety of shots in my interview.

    My role in this process was writing questions, sceduling with Alex, getting film of the soccer game, and writing a voice over for the final product. I played a good role for the team. I learned more about editing a video, such as I learned how to add captions and make them move. As always, I improved my collaboration skills working with other people and planning around their schedules.

    In conclution, next interview I do I woud probably get close shots of the soccer game (or any b-roll), as playing too much of the same angle shot gets boring. Adding to this, the next project I will take the skills I learned about the filming process and use them to make a good final product. There will always be room for improvement with me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tres Leches Recipe

Tres Leches Pastel       Tres Leches es un plato de Costa Rica. Yo elegé hacer este plato porque a mi me gusta pastel y las fotos de el pastel lucieron bien. Después   de yo leí la receta yo descubré es muy facil hacer. Tambien, a mi me gusta cocerme. Ahora, yo escribo las instrucciones para prepar la receta. Los ingredientes:       1: 1 cup harnia -Auto Mercado, $259        2: 1/4 teaspoon sal -Auto Mercado, $89       3: 5 huevos -Auto Mercado, $139       4: 1 cup azúcar -Auto Mercado, $199       5: 1 gallon leche -Auto Mercado, $299       6: 1 teaspoon vanilla -Auto Mercado, $559       7: 1/4 cup crema espesa -Auto Mercado, $359       Total en dolares: 19.03        Total en colónes: 1903.00                       ...

Semester reflection

Starting the year This year started with my self portrait video. I put a lot of effort into this video and I feel it came out as good as I wanted it to be. This was a good start to the year for me and the videos that followed only paralleled this. Working in groups has helped with my other projects also, getting multiple point of views. Progression of the year I feel I have improved throughout the year with editing and filming. I have learned a surplus things to think about when taking shots for a video. I learned to think about the 6 shot system to create variety in my work. I was able to practice my editing skills with every video I made. End of the year By the end of the year, I feel that I have learned valuable tips on how to create news stories and put together interviews. Not only have I gotten better at creating stories, but I have improved in question making, filming, and editing everything together to create an interesting an informative video. With that, I have al...