Skip to main content

written news story

ONW cheer leading team heads to nationals
After a semester of preparation, a group of varsity cheerleaders from Olathe Northwest high school are preparing to win the national competition in Dallas, Texas. The process will be hard but the girls are ready.
I took the time to talk to a senior and a freshman on the cheer team. I wanted to see the contrast in perspective they both had about the future of the team and nationals. To my surprise, they did have different points of views. The senior, Lucy Underwood, said: “I hope we do well, but i’m not confident we will win it all.” While the freshman is not going to be competing in nationals, she had more confidence in the team. She believed with more work the team would have a good chance in the future.
No matter what the players say, we will not know how nationals will turn out until they happen. The best the cheerleaders can do is work hard, which they are as they are practicing every day. I believe the future is bright for the team as they have a group of talented girls and all have a very impressive skill set.


Writing my story

I was inspired to write my story because I had just done a real interview with the ONW cheer leaders. After reading how to write news story, I found it quite simple to write. i only had a small amount of information but I was still able to write a story. I used quotes later the story as that is what the websites told me to do.
It was fun just getting to tell my perspective n how the interview went and getting the news about the cheerleaders out. I also felt professional as I was able to write a real story using all the rules of a news writer.
I need to work on making my writing interesting to read and using a variety in my words. I could also elaborate on what I am saying more, to make my news article even longer. It would be more interesting to have a well rounded story. Next time I might try to get better quotes and make sure I have a firm story to tell.
I hope to use my news writing skills in my future projects. The news skills I learned while doing this will help my new creations seem more professional.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tres Leches Recipe

Tres Leches Pastel       Tres Leches es un plato de Costa Rica. Yo elegé hacer este plato porque a mi me gusta pastel y las fotos de el pastel lucieron bien. Después   de yo leí la receta yo descubré es muy facil hacer. Tambien, a mi me gusta cocerme. Ahora, yo escribo las instrucciones para prepar la receta. Los ingredientes:       1: 1 cup harnia -Auto Mercado, $259        2: 1/4 teaspoon sal -Auto Mercado, $89       3: 5 huevos -Auto Mercado, $139       4: 1 cup azúcar -Auto Mercado, $199       5: 1 gallon leche -Auto Mercado, $299       6: 1 teaspoon vanilla -Auto Mercado, $559       7: 1/4 cup crema espesa -Auto Mercado, $359       Total en dolares: 19.03        Total en colónes: 1903.00                       ...

Interview Project

    The story my group wanted to convey in this assignment was Alex Paulis point of view on school soccer. In my video, I personally made a story of how Alex started playing soccer and where he is now. I then talked about the future of soccer for not only Alex, but the whole team.     In pre-production, my group wrote a list of 20 questions to ask Alex. This was harder than thought to be. We then set up a date to meet with Alex and interviewed him, asking all of the questions, knowing some of his answers would be longer than others. When all the film of Alex was taken, we turned to footage of the soccer team playing for b-roll. After I had all the film, I had to write a voice over leading into all of Alex's answers to the questions we asked him. I wrote the opening to the interview and an end, so there would be a clear beginning, middle, and end. After that it was just editing, making sure I got a variety of shots in my interview.     My role in this p...

Semester reflection

Starting the year This year started with my self portrait video. I put a lot of effort into this video and I feel it came out as good as I wanted it to be. This was a good start to the year for me and the videos that followed only paralleled this. Working in groups has helped with my other projects also, getting multiple point of views. Progression of the year I feel I have improved throughout the year with editing and filming. I have learned a surplus things to think about when taking shots for a video. I learned to think about the 6 shot system to create variety in my work. I was able to practice my editing skills with every video I made. End of the year By the end of the year, I feel that I have learned valuable tips on how to create news stories and put together interviews. Not only have I gotten better at creating stories, but I have improved in question making, filming, and editing everything together to create an interesting an informative video. With that, I have al...