Skip to main content

ONW NOW

ONW NOW sports story project 

Starting this project

     I feel have have done the best work I possibly could have for this project. It started with my team brainstorming what sport we would want to do a new story on, taking into consideration of how easily we will be able to reach these sports. After collaboration, my team and I made the decision to do a story on the cheer leading team. It only felt the most appropriate because the team is going to nationals soon, and they practice during 7th hour, the hour I have video production. The next step in the process was to find some cheerleaders to interview.

Interviewing process

     We decided as a team it would be best to interview a freshman and senior, to contrast how they looked at the sport. We found that after both interviews the two girls said pretty similar things. After this, our team needed B roll. We filmed the cheer leaders doing various stunts and even got one of their dances. We tried to use the 6 shot system as that would make the video the best possible outcome it could be.

The ending

      Editing and script writing came next, which the team evenly distributed. After that we just needed to edit the video down to 90 seconds.

Improvement

     Next video I will still be trying to improve all of my video skills. I will try to get the 6 shots as that is an incredibly important part of video production. I will also make sure the audio is the best quality it could be, and make sure the interview questions are very ope ended and they could be expanded on by the person we are interviewing. Editing could also be improved. I have to make sure to get the exact amount of time that is asked, not less or more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tres Leches Recipe

Tres Leches Pastel       Tres Leches es un plato de Costa Rica. Yo elegé hacer este plato porque a mi me gusta pastel y las fotos de el pastel lucieron bien. Después   de yo leí la receta yo descubré es muy facil hacer. Tambien, a mi me gusta cocerme. Ahora, yo escribo las instrucciones para prepar la receta. Los ingredientes:       1: 1 cup harnia -Auto Mercado, $259        2: 1/4 teaspoon sal -Auto Mercado, $89       3: 5 huevos -Auto Mercado, $139       4: 1 cup azúcar -Auto Mercado, $199       5: 1 gallon leche -Auto Mercado, $299       6: 1 teaspoon vanilla -Auto Mercado, $559       7: 1/4 cup crema espesa -Auto Mercado, $359       Total en dolares: 19.03        Total en colónes: 1903.00                       ...

Semester reflection

Starting the year This year started with my self portrait video. I put a lot of effort into this video and I feel it came out as good as I wanted it to be. This was a good start to the year for me and the videos that followed only paralleled this. Working in groups has helped with my other projects also, getting multiple point of views. Progression of the year I feel I have improved throughout the year with editing and filming. I have learned a surplus things to think about when taking shots for a video. I learned to think about the 6 shot system to create variety in my work. I was able to practice my editing skills with every video I made. End of the year By the end of the year, I feel that I have learned valuable tips on how to create news stories and put together interviews. Not only have I gotten better at creating stories, but I have improved in question making, filming, and editing everything together to create an interesting an informative video. With that, I have al...

CSS and CARP design

Introduction In this assignment I used the rules of CARP (contrast, alignment, repetition and proximity) to fix a generic html with a poem on it to make the newer, better looking, version of this page. Some differences included changing the text and background color to match the dog. I used the same colors for multiple areas on the page to make it look clean and the same all the way through. I also changed the size of text around the page it fit it better, and to wrap around the picture of the dog. Contrast Some differences referring to contrast included changing the text and background color to match the dog. I used the same colors for multiple areas on the page to make it look clean and the same all the way through. The darker brown text stood out against the light tan background. The black border around the page brought a neutral color that wasn't brown to the page, pulling the poem and other elements together. Alignment  To make the page aligned and flow all the...